I don’t know about you, but May felt incredibly long. It wasn’t a bad thing and I am super excited to be going into June! Over the next couple of weeks I am taking a total of 3 trips. In fact, I leave to California today! Let me not get ahead of myself, here’s a look at all the things that unfolded for me in May!
Per usual, I have to start this post out with an update of my goals. I’ve found it really productive to make a list of 10 goals I want to complete by the end of the month and it really helps motivate me to share my progress.
- Finish Reading Supermarket – I literally finished the book yesterday. I was actually really impressed with the book. I already have a book review drafted and I’ll be posting it in the near future!
- Car Maintenance & Cleaning – I am really proud of myself. I got my headlight fixed, I got an oil change, I changed my tires and I cleaned it. I’m so glad my car got some TLC.
- Complete My FAFSA – I did complete it. I was very optimistic about what I would get back but unfortunately it wasn’t as favorable. But it’s okay, school is still in the cards!
- Complete My Enrollment – I went to my New Student Orientation and it was great. It really gave me the confidence I needed to start down the college path.
- Get a New Phone – I decided not to get a new phone this month, but funny enough, my phone screen broke! Haha. so I will need to get that replaced or just get a new phone anyways.
- Prepare for Boyfriend’s Birthday – My boyfriend and I are going to California for the weekend! We are actually leaving in a couple hours and I am so excited!!
- Buy a Swimsuit & 1 Outfit for Cancun – I bought a swim suit and I’m going to buy an outfit next week. I promise!
- Draft 3 Blog Posts – I drafted two blog posts. I have been losing inspiration to blog and it’s been really hard to do it this month. But I will get to that.
- Call About My Car Window – I wish I would have called sooner, but I did call and schedule to get the window replaced. My appointment is in June!
- Reach 1,400 Views – I’m super confident that I will complete this, there is honestly no doubt in my mind. I’m already at about 1,350 and with this post I will definitely reach my mark!
This month I went to the flea market with my family and I also had to get some stuff for my trips. I got bags, swimsuits, coverups, etc. Here are just a couple of the items that I got. (My favorite is the Steve Madden Bag)
What Have I Been Watching
In all honesty my boyfriend and I mainly watched Game of Thrones in May. Once that ended we started binge watching another multi season show. I would say this month has been less eventful in this category.
This show is about a man named James St Patrick who owns a nightclub and also is one of New York’s biggest drug distributors, known as Ghost. He wants to build an empire and keep striving forward, but he lives a double life. (In many aspects.) I really like this show, it’s got lots of juicy plot twists and it never sways too far from the original story. There are a lot of scandals, crime, violence…and, oh yeah…drama!
Avengers: End Game
This movie is the finale of a series that has gone on for several years. The remaining Avengers (Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner) are challenged in a new way in this film. It is no longer about just defeating Thanos but it’s all about bringing their friends back to life. I enjoyed the movie. It was pretty action packed, as we all knew it would be. I did think that it was lacking in suspense but that was just for me.
I love this movie because it centers around some bad ass women. The main character, Debbie Ocean, has been in prison for the last five years and has plotted to pull off a huge heist. She bands together a team of women and we get to follow them along the ride. It’s so fun because there are several times that we think they are going to get caught and then they outsmart the system.
Truth or Dare
This movie follows a group of friends who go on a getaway trip to Mexico. They meet some shady dude who lures them to an old building and gets them to play Truth or Dare. The game ends up being to real and a demon is involved with it. People start dying and it’s spooky. I hated seeing the creepy smiles. Overall the movie was pretty good but the ending definitely could have been better.
What Have I Been Listening To
Posts Made This Month
- 10 Goals for May
- Digit Review: Save Money Effortlessly (And Get Paid For It)
- I’m Going to California!
- Appreciation Post – Mother’s Day Edition
- How to Get Over a Breakup: 10 Full Proof Ways to Move On
- 10 Things I Wish I Could Say To My 18 Year Old Self
- 7 Simple Steps to Build A Budget That Works
- My Top 10 Favorite Naruto Fight Scenes
This month had a lot of birthday’s! I’ll just go in order. The first one was my Dad’s. I have immense love for my father. If you’re reading this I want you to know I believe in you and I hope the future brings us even closer together.
The second one was my Step Dad! I miss and love you so much. You have been really great to me and I can’t wait to go on our trip in June! Ahhhh, Mexico here we come! Try not to be too sun burnt before we go out there, lol.
Last but definitely not least, my boyfriend’s birthday was yesterday! I am so grateful to have you in my life. I love that you treat me so well and I am super happy being with you. I look forward to our trip today and I can’t wait to spend many more birthdays, holidays and everyday with you!
Well, that’s my recap for May. There is one thing I forgot to mention, I am going to be taking a small break from blogging. I will still post every now and again, but it won’t be as consistent. It should only be for 4-6 weeks, so hopefully I’ll still have an audience when I get back. I’m going on lots of trips so I promise to share those stories with you when I return!